As a member of the SC Legislature, I will use my experiences and skills to support legislation to:
- Improve public education with support to pre-school, K-12, technical colleges, and state universities.
- Promote job creation and economic development that pays a living wage with equal pay for equal work.
- Improve affordable healthcare and housing options for everyone
- Keep our families and communities safe from gun and domestic violence
- Eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy and promote wise use of our tax dollars to make our government more effective and transparent.
- Support our civil and human rights.
- Trust every woman to make her own informed choices regarding her reproductive life within the dictates of her own moral and religious beliefs and be made without government interference.
- Rebuild our roads and bridges and develop more public transportation.
- Protect our environment and natural resources with no off shore drilling or energy scams to the public.
- Ensure that gerrymandering doesn’t divide communities and gives every voter an opportunity to elect the best legislator to represent their community.
- Respect the integrity and dignity of all Americans.
As a member of the SC State House, one of the most important parts of my job is listening. After all, if I’m going to represent the people of James Island, Folly Beach, Kiawah and Seabrook, I need to know what you care about, what your concerns are, and what your hopes are as well.
Will you please take this short survey today?