It's important for legislators to ask questions, listen to concerns, and take action. I want to know what your priorities are specifically for the places you live in SC House 115 such as: Folly Beach, James Island, Kiawah, and Seabrook. Please complete this survey by responding here: https://conta.cc/2QzAPFx
As a member of the SC Legislature, I will use my experiences and skills to support legislation to:
- Improve public education with support to pre-school, K-12, technical colleges, and state universities. Watch this Video
- Promote job creation and economic development that pays a living wage with equal pay for equal work.
- Improve affordable healthcare and housing options for everyone. Watch this Video
- Keep our families and communities safe from gun and domestic violence.
- Eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy and promote wise use of our tax dollars to make our government more effective and transparent.
- Support our civil and human rights.
- Trust every woman to make her own informed choices regarding her reproductive life within the dictates of her own moral and religious beliefs and be made without government interference.
- Rebuild our roads and bridges, address drainage and flooding, and develop more public transportation.
- Protect our coastal environment, oppose off shore drilling, and promote renewable energy. Watch this Video
- End gerrymandering by establishing an independent commission to make the process of drawing districts impartial and transparent for voters so our government is of, by, and for the people.
- Respect the inherent worth, integrity and dignity of all people.
As a member of the SC State House, one of the most important parts of my job is communication. After all, if I’m going to represent the people of James Island, Folly Beach, Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island, I need to know what you care about, what your concerns are, and what your hopes are as well. Please take the survey above and Watch this Video.